pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Stahle, Patrick" <patrick.sta...@te.com>
Subject RE: drawing images with rotation PDFBox 2.0
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 20:27:04 GMT
>From the code below both images draw, but as soon as I uncomment out " canvas.transform(new

	canvas.drawXObject(ximage, at2);
	canvas.restoreGraphicsState();
	canvas.close();

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2016 3:08 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: drawing images with rotation PDFBox 2.0

Am 04.03.2016 um 21:04 schrieb Stahle, Patrick:
> I tried the following but the image now no longer draws...
> 	AffineTransform at = new AffineTransform(rect.getWidth(), 0, 0, rect.getHeight(), rect.getLowerLeftX(),
rect.getLowerLeftY());
> 	PDPageContentStream canvas = new PDPageContentStream(document, page, PDPageContentStream.AppendMode.APPEND,
true, true);
> 	at.rotate(Math.toRadians(90));
> 	canvas.saveGraphicsState();
> 	canvas.transform(new Matrix(at));
> 	canvas.drawImage(ximage, rect.getLowerLeftX(), rect.getLowerLeftY());
> 	canvas.restoreGraphicsState();
> 	canvas.close();

No, what I meant is make a transform that has only the rotation. Then draw the image at the
position you're planning (however you may have to adjust this, as the rotation is done around
the (0,0) axis)

The best would be to set a position like (300,300) which is about in the middle and see what
happens.

90° rotated in clock direction would be you'd have to adjust the Y value, i.e. add the width
to it.

TIlman

> Did I misunderstand something?
>
> As for the imaging squishing I am seeing. It looks to me like the rectangle size / position
of the image non rotated stays exactly the same but the contents are rotated and squished.
I can send you a couple pdfs showing what I mean (direct email?). And maybe that is how it
is supposed to work, but I would of expected the image to look exactly the same just rotated.
In case of 90 degrees, like the example above, I would of expect simply the width to become
the height and the height to become the width.

but keeps the original boxed rectangle size which in this case squishing the image. Is this
expected behavior, and if so is there way for an image to rotate and keep the sizing? I kind
of hoped it work the same way as rotating text...
> Sorry I don't understand you... why should it not keep the size?
>
>> Also on a PDFBox 2.0 note, the "PDPageContentStream  -> drawXObject' is deprecated
and the source says to use drawImage instead. However I was not able to find a drawImage method
that takes AffineTransform. What is the recommended way to do this in 2.0 going forward?