pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Schneider <schneid...@transampiping.com>
Subject ExtractText command line OPTIONS
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 16:38:16 GMT
We have used this very successfully for a number of months with versions 2.0.0-RC2 and RC3.

Here is an example of how we use it.

JAVA CLASS('/java/PDFBox/pdfbox-app-2.0.0.jar') PARM(ExtractText '/Gord/PDF/Vendor Invoice.pdf'
'/Gord/PDF/Vendor Invoice.txt')

I was reviewing the documentation for the ExtractText.

java -jar pdfbox-app-x.y.z.jar ExtractText [OPTIONS] <inputfile> [Text file]

I noticed the OPTIONS part that comes before the input file. I am interested in seeing what
the -sort option does. I noticed that the default is false.

-sort

 false

   Sort the text before writing.

To see any difference from the results we are currently getting I need to add the -sort option
and set it to true.

JAVA CLASS('/java/PDFBox/pdfbox-app-2.0.0.jar') PARM(ExtractText '-sort:true' '/Gord/PDF/Vendor
Invoice.pdf' '/Gord/PDF/Vendor Invoice.txt')

The command above is what I tried to run. I always get a FileNot Found Exception. The only
way I get it to work at all is to remove the ":true" part from the command. This would mean
it is still running with the sort option as false. So in other words I will never see anything
different.

What is the proper away to add the -sort option to the command. I have looked at lots of different
things to figure this out without any success.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Gordon Schneider
403-236-0601
Trans Am Piping Products Ltd.