pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Costas Stergiou" <kst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How can I write JPEG2000 encoded images in PDF?
Date Tue, 29 Mar 2016 06:50:42 GMT
Do you REALLY need that and why? I'm asking because it was such a pain

to get the JPEG stuff working properly.

Could you upload one file that you created with your code?

Jpeg2000 has the lossless compression mode and it does really better
compression than jpeg
(http://www.verypdf.com/pdfinfoeditor/jpeg-jpeg-2000-comparison.htm). This
is important for some customers, especially if they are using pdf/a format.

I am attaching a couple of files: a jpg file, and a pdf file where it
contains this jpg file which has been re-encoded as jpeg2000 (lossless) and
included in the pdf file. This pdf file can be opened in xchange pdf viewer
but not in adobe. Even in xchange, the result is not good.

Thanks

Costas