pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Sheila Morrissey <Sheila.Morris...@ithaka.org>
Subject RE: COSDocument returns incorrect version from header string
Date Thu, 18 Feb 2016 17:59:44 GMT
Petras,
Per the PDF spec:
Beginning with PDF 1.4, the Version entry in the document's catalog dictionary (located via
the Root entry in the file's trailer, as described in 7.5.5, "File Trailer"), if present,
shall be used instead of the version specified in the Header.

Best,
Sheila

-----Original Message-----
From: Petras Petkus [mailto:petras.petkus@mitsoft.lt]
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2016 3:30 AM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: COSDocument returns incorrect version from header string

Hello,

We are using the latest v1.8.12-SNAPSHOT and we noticed, that
COSDocument#getHeaderString() method does not return the version indicated in PDF header string,
but the version set document catalog (see
COSDocument#serVersion() which updates header string). Is such side effect behavior intentional?

We have validation scenarios (national PDF-based document specification), where version of
the header string is checked. In present situation we fail to correctly validate, if header
string version is overridden by value in catalog.

Petras