pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: PDRectangle.java and POINTS_PER_INCH
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2016 18:45:02 GMT

> On 18 Feb 2016, at 01:26, M. Niedermair <m_g_n@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi developers,
>
> it is possible to set POINTS_PER_INCH and MM_PER_INCH from private to public,

We probably won't do this because PDRectangle is not the place for such things.

> because you can do it in many conversions and so does not have to redefine.

If that’s the case then you’re probably not using the APIs in the best manner. If you
want to work in inches, then transform the page so that the user space is in inches, rather
than points. You can do this by concatenating a scaling matrix to the CTM.