pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDAnnotationMarkup.getInReplyTo
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2016 22:45:49 GMT
Am 24.02.2016 um 23:38 schrieb David Lattimore:
> On Wed, Feb 24, 2016 at 6:39 PM, Tilman Hausherr<THausherr@t-online.de>
> wrote:

>> >Please post a stack trace
> java.io.IOException: Error: Unknown annotation type null
> at
> org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.annotation.PDAnnotation.createAnnotation(PDAnnotation.java:167)
> at
> org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.interactive.annotation.PDAnnotationMarkup.getInReplyTo(PDAnnotationMarkup.java:225)
>
> The following code can be used to reproduce this:
> new PDAnnotationMarkup().getInReplyTo();

So it is an IOException, this isn't as bad as a nullpointerexception.
But it is kindof weird indeed, usually we just return null when
something doesn't exist. (I know that this is bad design
http://www.yegor256.com/2014/05/13/why-null-is-bad.html but it's too
late now). I'll sleep over it and then probably change it.

Tilman