pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "M. Niedermair" <m_...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: pdf encryption with aes
Date Fri, 19 Feb 2016 09:41:11 GMT
Hi Tilman,

 > It isn't supported.
;-(

> 1) use keylength 256 => AES256 will be used

it works.

But I get a warning.
Feb 19, 2016 10:31:15 AM
org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.encryption.StandardSecurityHandler validatePerms
WARNUNG: Verification of permissions failed (-60 != -1852)

As a side effect my old Adobe Reader filed under Linux, that he is too
old. Since I have no Windows here, I then installed the Adobe Reader
under Wine. This makes it possible to open the PDF.

On this occasion I would like to see if you used as Owner password null
(new StandardProtectionPolicy(null, null, ap)), a PW is randomly
generated (as it does for example iText).

by
Michael