pdfbox-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDFBOX-2896 - Problem in DublinCoreSchema title element occurs when deployed to Application Server, but is fine in Unit Tests
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 17:19:43 GMT
I tried creating my own servlet with netbeans, tomcat 8 and maven. 
Initially I used the -SNAPSHOT version, worked fine. Then I used the RC3 
version, also worked fine, so I wanted to create a .war file. I was 
curious so I looked into the .war file, and found both versions, i.e. 
RC3 and SNAPSHOT. So I did a "clean and build" and now there's only one 
version.

I then copied the .war file into the CATALINA_BASE directory and 
accessed the servlet from the browser (it had a different address than 
my test from the IDE, which I had also unloaded anyway) and looked at 
the XML of the PDF file - all fine. The size of my .war file is about 
4MB - which is the size of pdfbox+fontbox+xmpbox+logging.

=> Please verify the size of your .war file.

The only thing I didn't do is to install Wildfly and to test with it.

If you want, I could upload my .war file somewhere and you could run it.

Tilman

Am 08.02.2016 um 10:16 schrieb Mehlhose, Frank (HP Enterprise 
Information Solutions):
> I include pdfbox and xmpbox in the web application archive in WEB-INF\lib.
> I checked visually and by comparing the SHA1 that my development environment and my runtime
environment actually contain pdfbox-2.0.0-RC3.jar and xmpbox-2.0.0-RC3.jar.
>
> -----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
> Von: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
> Gesendet: Freitag, 5. Februar 2016 20:59
> An: users@pdfbox.apache.org
> Betreff: Re: PDFBOX-2896 - Problem in DublinCoreSchema title element occurs when deployed
to Application Server, but is fine in Unit Tests
>
> Did you check that the XmpSerializer.class is identical to the RC3 jar file?
>
> I'm wondering if you're using an older PDFBox version for your .war.
>
> Tilman
>
>
>
> Am 05.02.2016 um 10:35 schrieb Mehlhose, Frank (HP Enterprise Information Solutions):
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm trying to upgrade from pdfbox 1.8.10 to 2.0.0-RC3.
>>
>> We try to create valid PDF/A documents with pdfbox.
>>
>> I took the following example from trunk and recreated it in our
>> application:
>>
>> pdfbox\examples\src\main\java\org\apache\pdfbox\examples\pdmodel\Creat
>> ePDFA.java
>>
>> I created a unit test similar to CreatePDFA.java and pdfbox creates
>> valid PDF/A document in our unit tests.
>>
>> But when I start to package the code into a WAR File and deploy it to
>> a Wildfly 9.0.1-Final, pdfbox starts to create slightly different XMP
>> Metadata.
>>
>> The XMP Metadata seems to be incorrect, just as described in
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2896 :
>>
>> <x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
>>
>>    <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
>>
>>      <rdf:Description xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
>> rdf:about="">
>>
>>        <dc:title>
>>
>>          <rdf:Alt>
>>
>>            <rdf:li lang="x-default">PDF/A Rendition</rdf:li>
>>
>>          </rdf:Alt>
>>
>>        </dc:title>
>>
>> </rdf:Description>
>>
>>      <rdf:Description xmlns:pdfaid="http://www.aiim.org/pdfa/ns/id/"
>> rdf:about="">
>>
>> <pdfaid:part>1</pdfaid:part>
>>
>> <pdfaid:conformance>B</pdfaid:conformance>
>>
>> </rdf:Description>
>>
>>    </rdf:RDF>
>>
>> </x:xmpmeta>
>>
>> The list element for the Dublin Core title should have a xml:lang=""
>> attribute instead of lang="".
>>
>> The problem only occurs when the application is deployed to the
>> application server.
>>
>> If I manually adjust the Dublin Core title element, the resulting PDF
>> is recognized as PDF/A by the Adobe Reader.
>>
>> What can cause the different results in the XMP Metadata between Unit
>> Test and Application Server Runtime?
>>
>> With kind regards
>>
>> *Frank Mehlhose*
>>
>> Application Business Services - Public Sector
>>
>> +49 152 0165 0812  Mobile
>>
>> +49 7031 4502 958 Office
>> Herrenberger Strasse 140, 71034 Böblingen
>>
>> HPE_logoemail
>>
>> Geschäftsführer: Heiko Meyer (Vorsitzender), Thomas Bässler, Volkhard
>> Bregulla, Michael Eberhardt, Angelika Gifford, Ernst Reichart.
>> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jörg Menno Harms Sitz der
>> Gesellschaft: Böblingen, Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 244081
>> WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 30409072
>>
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@pdfbox.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@pdfbox.apache.org
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@pdfbox.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@pdfbox.apache.org


Mime
View raw message