pdfbox-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Mehlhose, Frank (HP Enterprise Information Solutions)" <frank.mehlh...@hpe.com>
Subject AW: PDFBOX-2896 - Problem in DublinCoreSchema title element occurs when deployed to Application Server, but is fine in Unit Tests
Date Mon, 08 Feb 2016 09:16:02 GMT
I include pdfbox and xmpbox in the web application archive in WEB-INF\lib.
I checked visually and by comparing the SHA1 that my development environment and my runtime
environment actually contain pdfbox-2.0.0-RC3.jar and xmpbox-2.0.0-RC3.jar.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de] 
Gesendet: Freitag, 5. Februar 2016 20:59
An: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Betreff: Re: PDFBOX-2896 - Problem in DublinCoreSchema title element occurs when deployed
to Application Server, but is fine in Unit Tests

Did you check that the XmpSerializer.class is identical to the RC3 jar file?

I'm wondering if you're using an older PDFBox version for your .war.

Tilman



Am 05.02.2016 um 10:35 schrieb Mehlhose, Frank (HP Enterprise Information Solutions):
>
> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to upgrade from pdfbox 1.8.10 to 2.0.0-RC3.
>
> We try to create valid PDF/A documents with pdfbox.
>
> I took the following example from trunk and recreated it in our
> application:
>
> pdfbox\examples\src\main\java\org\apache\pdfbox\examples\pdmodel\Creat
> ePDFA.java
>
> I created a unit test similar to CreatePDFA.java and pdfbox creates 
> valid PDF/A document in our unit tests.
>
> But when I start to package the code into a WAR File and deploy it to 
> a Wildfly 9.0.1-Final, pdfbox starts to create slightly different XMP 
> Metadata.
>
> The XMP Metadata seems to be incorrect, just as described in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2896 :
>
> <x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
>
>   <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
>
>     <rdf:Description xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" 
> rdf:about="">
>
>       <dc:title>
>
>         <rdf:Alt>
>
>           <rdf:li lang="x-default">PDF/A Rendition</rdf:li>
>
>         </rdf:Alt>
>
>       </dc:title>
>
> </rdf:Description>
>
>     <rdf:Description xmlns:pdfaid="http://www.aiim.org/pdfa/ns/id/" 
> rdf:about="">
>
> <pdfaid:part>1</pdfaid:part>
>
> <pdfaid:conformance>B</pdfaid:conformance>
>
> </rdf:Description>
>
>   </rdf:RDF>
>
> </x:xmpmeta>
>
> The list element for the Dublin Core title should have a xml:lang="" 
> attribute instead of lang="".
>
> The problem only occurs when the application is deployed to the 
> application server.
>
> If I manually adjust the Dublin Core title element, the resulting PDF 
> is recognized as PDF/A by the Adobe Reader.
>
> What can cause the different results in the XMP Metadata between Unit 
> Test and Application Server Runtime?
>
> With kind regards
>
> *Frank Mehlhose*
>
> Application Business Services - Public Sector
>
> +49 152 0165 0812  Mobile
>
> +49 7031 4502 958 Office
> Herrenberger Strasse 140, 71034 Böblingen
>
> HPE_logoemail
>
> Geschäftsführer: Heiko Meyer (Vorsitzender), Thomas Bässler, Volkhard 
> Bregulla, Michael Eberhardt, Angelika Gifford, Ernst Reichart. 
> Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jörg Menno Harms Sitz der 
> Gesellschaft: Böblingen, Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 244081 
> WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 30409072
>


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: users-unsubscribe@pdfbox.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: users-help@pdfbox.apache.org


Mime
View raw message