pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Mehlhose, Frank (HP Enterprise Information Solutions)" <frank.mehlh...@hpe.com>
Subject PDFBOX-2896 - Problem in DublinCoreSchema title element occurs when deployed to Application Server, but is fine in Unit Tests
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2016 09:35:22 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade from pdfbox 1.8.10 to 2.0.0-RC3.
We try to create valid PDF/A documents with pdfbox.

I took the following example from trunk and recreated it in our application:
pdfbox\examples\src\main\java\org\apache\pdfbox\examples\pdmodel\CreatePDFA.java

I created a unit test similar to CreatePDFA.java and pdfbox creates valid PDF/A document in
our unit tests.
But when I start to package the code into a WAR File and deploy it to a Wildfly 9.0.1-Final,
pdfbox starts to create slightly different XMP Metadata.
The XMP Metadata seems to be incorrect, just as described in https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2896
:
<x:xmpmeta xmlns:x="adobe:ns:meta/">
  <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#">
    <rdf:Description xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/" rdf:about="">
      <dc:title>
        <rdf:Alt>
          <rdf:li lang="x-default">PDF/A Rendition</rdf:li>
        </rdf:Alt>
      </dc:title>
    </rdf:Description>
    <rdf:Description xmlns:pdfaid="http://www.aiim.org/pdfa/ns/id/" rdf:about="">
      <pdfaid:part>1</pdfaid:part>
      <pdfaid:conformance>B</pdfaid:conformance>
    </rdf:Description>
  </rdf:RDF>
</x:xmpmeta>

The list element for the Dublin Core title should have a xml:lang="" attribute instead of
lang="".
The problem only occurs when the application is deployed to the application server.

If I manually adjust the Dublin Core title element, the resulting PDF is recognized as PDF/A
by the Adobe Reader.
What can cause the different results in the XMP Metadata between Unit Test and Application
Server Runtime?

With kind regards

Frank Mehlhose
Application Business Services - Public Sector
+49 152 0165 0812  Mobile
+49 7031 4502 958 Office
Herrenberger Strasse 140, 71034 Böblingen

[HPE_logoemail]

Geschäftsführer: Heiko Meyer (Vorsitzender), Thomas Bässler, Volkhard Bregulla, Michael
Eberhardt,
Angelika Gifford, Ernst Reichart. Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats: Jörg Menno Harms
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen, Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 244081
WEEE-Reg.-Nr. DE 30409072