pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: Loading TTF once and generating multiple documents with
Date Fri, 12 Feb 2016 15:54:59 GMT

> On 12 Feb 2016, at 01:25, Peter Prusinowski <peter.prusi@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I like to generate multiple PDF documents with images and text. I am using a TTF font
and my goal is to load the font once in the constructor of my class and then to create multiple
documents with this font.

> I try to load the font with "PDType0Font.load(new PDDocument(), File)" and then call
my method three times to create three identical documents.
> The first document is created successful, but the next throwing "java.io.IOException:
The TrueType font does not contain a 'cmap' table".

> If I load the font with "PDTrueTypeFont.loadTTF(new PDDocument(), File)", I can create
three documents, but only with text.
> Adding an image "PDImageXObject img = LosslessFactory.createFromImage(doc, bufferedImage)"
ends up with throwing "java.io.IOException: Scratch file already closed".

> Is it possible to load the font only once at all ?

Each PD object represents something in an individual PDF file, so they can't be shared across
files. But you can load the font file only once using FontBox's TrueTypeFont and then pass
that to multiple PDTrueTypeFont constructors.

-- John