pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Sumit Mohan Jha <sumitjha...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Fwd: Further questions related to PDFBOX-3216 Issue - Part - 1
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 18:41:14 GMT

Resending it as Original email failed due to size restriction. ____________________________________________________________________ Hi, My
this email is related to my further questions related to solution provided by Tilman for PDFBOX-3216
issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-3216# The solution provided by Tilman
is really good. The solution is working for some of PDF I am trying to process but was facing
some minor issues due to my requirement with some of other PDF processing: My goal here is
to read PDF (multiple PDF with different original formatting and page size) and in each page
of individual PDF leave some fixed absolute blank space in top right corner so that later
some other application can put a bar code in that blank space. Also, that some fixed absolute
blank space left in top portion of PDF pages need to be uniform across all the different source
PDF file processed, so that other application which is putting bar code will put same size
bar code at same location of different PDFs. I understand that if some PDF will already have
some more blank space in top compared to other PDF then converted PDF for first will have
more blank space in top compared to other. That is fine. But how to ensure that after conversion
both PDF will leave at least some fixed absolute height area blank. If one is more than that
absolute fixed height it is ok. Now, to keep uniform blank space in all PDF processed, I
had come up with a sample code. Please see attached .java file for my sample code. I have
used Tilman sample code provided to come up with my sample code.   Please see attached some
of my example source pdf files which I need to process through PDFBOX 1.8.10 version and leave
blank space at top in all these PDFs. The challenge here now is to keep uniform some fixed
absolute height area blank in top of these 2 PDFs which are of different source formatting. 1.
My code work fine with attached First.pdf. 2. But when I am trying to process Second.pdf,
if I scale to 95% height only the converted PDF is good. But with 90% converted PDF the content
is truncated from bottom. For even less than 90% scaling (like 80%) the converted pdf has
blank page. If I scale in width anything less than 100% the converted PDF is messed up. In
the current code the converted PDF is messing up due to width scaling. For height it is leaving
space in top. But it does not seems to be ensuring that blank space in both converted PDF
is at least some fixed absolute height area. In second one it is quite less. What i need
is a solution so that my converted pdfs after scaling in height for both these source pdfs
will leave at least some fixed absolute height area blank. As I explained earlier if one is
leaving more than that fix absolute height is ok as source file already had more blank space
at top. If a little width scaling can be done too it will be great as some source pdf which
has text strating from at the very left margin will also look good after conversion. But top
priority is vertical scaling to leave blank space in top. 3. Also, with my current code execution,
i get below warning message, please let me know how this warning message can be avoided: Jan
28, 2016 5:49:29 PM org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.edit.PDPageContentStream <init>WARNING:
You are overwriting an existing content, you should use the append mode Your any help in
this regard will be highly appreciated and I am looking forward for your response on this. Thanks,Sumit
Jha