pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Branden Visser <mrvis...@gmail.com>
Subject Getting visual bounds of a glyph
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:46:43 GMT
Hi everyone,

I thought we had a process to get the visual bounds of a character
sealed, until we bumped into a few more PDF documents where the
bounding box we calculating is way bigger than the character itself
(about double the size). We're using the 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT code, but
we've verified this occurs in both RC2 and RC3.

I've written a gist with a Scala/Java-ish sample of our calculation
[1], where the TextPosition being passed in is the one provided by
PDFTextStripper in processTextPosition (I know it's inaccurate, but
we're only using the text rendering matrix from it which I think
should be accurate?)

I'm assuming you may need more information, but first I'm considering
that our logic for getting the bounds is missing some important pieces
that jump out at you all.

Is the gist correct?

Thanks,
Branden