pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From clovis <clovis.har...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: PDPushButton Appearance
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 22:01:08 GMT
As I said I know nothing about the PDF file format.
So, this workaround will have to do. Now I have to make this button submit
the form.

I have a system where PDF designers make PDF templates. Some users fill
copies of those template and submit. My program processes those submited
PDF files and input the data into a database. This all works ok.
But now I want some users to fill and send form data directly from Acrobat
Reader without having to submit entire PDFs.
To do this I need to pre-process each PDF template with PDFBox and insert a
PushButton that submits form data to my site.
So, I think your workaround will be good enough because it is just to
create a temporary PDF for form submission.

Is this feasible?

I think now I just need to turn my Push Button into a Submit Button.

I think I have to create  a javascript on the PDF and associate with the
button, am I right?

Clóvis