pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tory S. Anderson <web...@toryanderson.com>
Subject Re: Adding outline or bookmarks to merge-job
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 20:02:48 GMT
Using 2.0. My web app receives a set of user's .docx files,
converts them to PDFs, and ultimately merges them. All of that is
done, but now I'm adding outlines/bookmarks. I've worked through
the "bookmark for every page" example and made that work, but my
bookmarks obviously need to be a little different. Here's what
I've got going now:

Input: a map containing a title, the semantic location/category of
the information, and an input stream representing the PDF.
1. For each item of input, put the title and destination (first
page of the PDF stream) on a bookmark
2. .appendDocument the PDF on to the MASTER pdf.

I have encountered two problems with this that might be helped by
some suggestions as to functions/objects that can help me. For
reference, all the .docx files under consideration are identical.

Problem 1: Since the destination is set with reference to the
un-appended document, it is lost in the process of appending. As
such, the bookmarks are not functional
Problem 2: At some point in this process (not the first or second
item) something closes the COSStream and I cannot .save the
result, although I can tell it has the right number of pages.

What is the better way of handling this process, which would
correctly deal with meta-data (names of sections) and point each
bookmark to the right (final) thing? Basically it's a problem of
merging multi-page pdfs and making bookmarks for each item
appropriately.

For those who want to take a gander at the Clojure code, find it
here:
https://gist.github.com/WorldsEndless/fcc84865b52cb6520c65

The primary function in question is merge-pdfs-memory2.