pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: How do you create a Radio Button Group with PDFBox 2.0?
Date Thu, 21 Jan 2016 08:55:15 GMT
Am 21.01.2016 um 09:41 schrieb Adam Steen:
> I am now able to create a radio button group with "pdAcroForm.setNeedAppearances(true);",
acrobat rendering things nicely for me.

> I am also able to create a group of checkboxes with default values also with "pdAcroForm.setNeedAppearances(true);",
again acrobat rendering things nicely for me.

> My last hurdle is to create a radio button group with "pdAcroForm.setNeedAppearances(true);"
and have a default value (or value) be displayed.

> Using your code provided earlier Tilman, I was able to set a value or a default value,
but acrobat just does not want to render it.

> Is " pdAcroForm.setNeedAppearances(true);" a hack? Should I be rendering everything myself?

Yes, it is a bit of a hack. Good applications should create their own
appearance streams. In PDF 2.0 it will be mandatory.

on stack overflow -> http://stackoverflow.com/a/34895158/415681

>> The next problem will be getting a default value set.
>>
>> Adam

set. This seems to be related to the appearance characteristics (/MK). I haven't been able
to teach it to "do nothing", or "do it all" when I do nothing (having empty streams).