pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDPushButton Appearance
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2016 22:15:13 GMT
Am 20.01.2016 um 23:01 schrieb clovis:
> As I said I know nothing about the PDF file format.
> So, this workaround will have to do. Now I have to make this button submit
> the form.
>
> I have a system where PDF designers make PDF templates. Some users fill
> copies of those template and submit. My program processes those submited
> PDF files and input the data into a database. This all works ok.
> But now I want some users to fill and send form data directly from Acrobat
> Reader without having to submit entire PDFs.
> To do this I need to pre-process each PDF template with PDFBox and insert a
> PushButton that submits form data to my site.
> So, I think your workaround will be good enough because it is just to
> create a temporary PDF for form submission.
>
> Is this feasible?

If the people are working with Adobe Reader, yes.

> I think now I just need to turn my Push Button into a Submit Button.
>
> I think I have to create  a javascript on the PDF and associate with the
> button, am I right?

I don't know enough about that one, I've never created a submit button
PDF. Submit forms are explained in "12.7.5.2 Submit-Form Action" in the
PDF specification. But feel free to ask specific questions if something
is missing in the API or not working. (I'm already wondering whether the
"Flags for submit-form actions" are included in PDFDebugger)

Tilman