pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Applying a Normal Icon appearance to a Push-button
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2015 17:26:16 GMT
Hi,

you can do

PDAnnotationWidget widget = field.getWidgets().get(0);
PDAppearanceDictionary apDictionary = widget.getAppearance();
apDictionary.setNormalAppearance(PDAppearanceStream stream);

Unfortunately for the appearance stream you are on you own as for the exact look of a push
button there are no details in the specification. What you could do is look at the appearance
stream as Adobe generates is and replicate it.

Now if you know how the content should look like you can use

PDPageContentStream(PDDocument doc, PDAppearanceStream appearance)

which gives you a higher level API to add content to your appearance stream.

Hope that helps.

BR
Maruan

PS: I'm planning to add the ability to add some default appearances for the different field
types when adding new fields via PDFBox but will not start before 2.0 has been released.