pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From web...@toryanderson.com (Tory S. Anderson)
Subject Adding outline or bookmarks to merge-job
Date Mon, 28 Dec 2015 23:18:57 GMT
I'm working on a Clojure web app with the following function flow:

User uploaded docx -> mongodb -> docx4j converts each to PDF ->
PDFBox Merger Utility merges all to a single PDF.

So far so good; everything is working. However, I need to be able
to add bookmarks (outline nodes) to the produced PDF, preferably
as I'm merging them. I'm not sure how best to do this, and whether
the approach should be

1. Add outline to the individual PDFs BEFORE the merge (do
outlines survive merges?)
2. Somehow add contents at the correct places during/after the
merge.

Any suggestions would be useful, as I'm new to PDFBox.

- Tory