pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Displaying pdf in a jpanel without changing it to image
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2015 08:25:52 GMT
This was removed in 2.0 because it made trouble. Obviously, it doesn't
work for 1.8 either, at least for you, so why bother?

There are two ways to display, either get a BufferedImage (renderImage /
renderImageWithDPI) and display that somehow (see in PDFDebugger how to
do it), or renderPageToGraphics which renders to a graphics device object.

If you really want to get the source code of the deleted PDFReader
application (which includes PDFPagePanel), use svn to get revision
1702125 or earlier, that should have it. But if it didn't work for you
in 1.8, it won't work for you now.

The point is that swing display of PDF pages isn't part of the API, it's
part of some tool (now: in PDFDebugger, previously: in PDFReader)

You need to have some understanding of awt / swing. If you don't, learn
it, or hire somebody. (That's what we did, and the best is: google paid
it, as part of the google summer of code)

Tilman

PS: when the page is blank, make sure to look for any log output texts
about missing libraries.