pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Embed font's without writing Text (providing unembeded fonts)
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 21:28:17 GMT
Am 09.12.2015 um 22:01 schrieb Christian Schmitt:
> Hello,
>
> thanks for your help I already looked a little bit deeper, after I
> tried to use PDResources which could add font’s but if I add the font
> in every page the file gets too big and if I only add the font at the
> first page it won’t validate correctly.

If it is the same font, you can add the same COSStream object, i.e. you
don't have to create a new one.

About the size - that's why subsets are used. But for that, you would
have to analyse each content stream to see which glyphs are used.

It's probably cheaper to buy a product like callas pdfaPilot.
https://secure.callassoftware.com/buy_per_web/cls_formBPW_de.php?product=610

Tilman