pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schmitt <c.schm...@envisia.de>
Subject Re: Embed font's without writing Text (providing unembeded fonts)
Date Wed, 09 Dec 2015 21:01:22 GMT
Hello,

thanks for your help I already looked a little bit deeper, after I tried to use PDResources
which could add font’s but if I add the font in every page the file gets too big and if
I only add the font at the first page it won’t validate correctly.
After that I looked at COS but I’m not that far yet, still thanks after looking inside the
source of pdfbox I will definitely find out more things.

> Am 09.12.2015 um 18:31 schrieb Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de>:
>
> Am 09.12.2015 um 15:19 schrieb Christian Schmitt:
>> I know how to extract them, however adding them seems to be the „bigger“ problem,
since mostly I can’t just embed them with a command. The problem relies on where I should
put the font file, currently I have a folder with all the necessary fonts and could create
font objects with that and also I know which fonts are missing inside my pdf, but now the
problem relies on attach the file i.e. embed the font.

> You need to understand the COS data types (COSDictionary, COSStream, COSArray, COSBase
etc), then insert a COSStream (that has your font file) at the correct place in the font descriptor
(type COSDictionary) with the correct key. The key is FontFile1, FontFile2 or FontFile3 depending
on the type of font.