pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From "Wojack, Robert (USTP)" <Robert.Woj...@usdoj.gov>
Subject RE: How to trim whitespace from options in a combobox on an existing PDF form?
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2015 16:04:51 GMT
Hi Gilad,

Thanks for your prompt response. It seems as though the const, COSName.OPT, is not available
in PDFBox 1.2, so I assume that we would still need to upgrade to PDFBox 1.8 even to roll
our own getOptions(), correct?

Bob Wojack
SRA International, Inc.
Onsite Contractor for the Department of Justice
Senior Tech Lead
US Trustee Program
Onsite Email Address:     Robert.Wojack@usdoj.gov
Onsite Phone Number:    TBD
Cell#:			   (301)910-9975

-----Original Message-----
From: Gilad Denneboom [mailto:gilad.denneboom@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 4:56 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: How to trim whitespace from options in a combobox on an existing PDF form?

You're using a very old version of PDFBox. In later versions a method was added to the PDChoiceField
class called getOptions. You can use it to return a COSArray with the options for that field,
and then iterate through them (trimming them as you do) and comparing them to your string.
You can also write your own method to write new options for your field, based on the code
of getOptions, which is basically just this line:

return (COSArray) getDictionary().getDictionaryObject(COSName.OPT);