pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schmitt <c.schm...@envisia.de>
Subject Re: Embed font's without writing Text (providing unembeded fonts)
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 17:39:49 GMT
I know that however first I search for a solution on the font problem. ;)

> Am 08.12.2015 um 18:30 schrieb Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de>:
>
> Am 08.12.2015 um 17:59 schrieb Christian Schmitt:
>> Hello, i wanted to ask if there is a way with PDFBox to embed fonts without providing
text.

>> Currently the most example’s are really simple, however they require me to add
a text to the pdf.
>> But currently I want to open a existing PDF and Check all the font’s if they are
embedded. (that’s really easy, too).

>> And now I want to embed them if they are not (I mostly want to do this for a PDF/A
conversion)

>> Currently the example’s I looked at: https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pdfbox/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/pdmodel/EmbeddedFonts.java?view=markup
>> And I also looked at: https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pdfbox/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/pdmodel/EmbeddedFiles.java?view=markup
>>
>> I mean with the EmbeddedFiles example I could easily embed files. However does this
apply to font,s too? Where are the fonts stored inside a PDF.
>> I also had an example to look at all the fonts inside the PDFs but I don’t find
it.

>> My currently solution creates a PDF/A from a standard PDF, but it won’t conform
the standard.

> There are many possible problems with ordinary PDF files, it isn't just about fonts -
just check your file with PDFBox preflight. So even if you manage to fix the non embedded
fonts, you'll still have many other problems.