pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schmitt <c.schm...@briefdomain.de>
Subject Embed font's without writing Text (providing unembeded fonts)
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 16:59:13 GMT
Hello, i wanted to ask if there is a way with PDFBox to embed fonts without providing text.

Currently the most example’s are really simple, however they require me to add a text to
the pdf.
But currently I want to open a existing PDF and Check all the font’s if they are embedded.
(that’s really easy, too).

And now I want to embed them if they are not (I mostly want to do this for a PDF/A conversion)

Currently the example’s I looked at: https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pdfbox/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/pdmodel/EmbeddedFonts.java?view=markup
And I also looked at: https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pdfbox/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/pdmodel/EmbeddedFiles.java?view=markup

I mean with the EmbeddedFiles example I could easily embed files. However does this apply
to font,s too? Where are the fonts stored inside a PDF.
I also had an example to look at all the fonts inside the PDFs but I don’t find it.

My currently solution creates a PDF/A from a standard PDF, but it won’t conform the standard.