pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Matt Barron <mfb...@gmail.com>
Subject Issue with asterisk not displaying properly while using TrueTypeFont - 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 18:50:41 GMT
All,
I have an odd issue with the asterisk character not displaying properly in
Adobe Reader (XI or DC)
The "*" is displayed on the document as a hollow box, all other characters
seem to be ok.

I thought it was an issue with my code, so I gave it a try in the
HelloWorldTTF.java example, and got the same results...with various
different TTF fonts as well.

Attached is the test.pdf output file, using the LiberationSans-Regular.ttf
font and input message "1*1".
It was created using a 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT that I built earlier this morning,
but I also had the same results using the RC1 binaries.

The other odd part is that the character displays properly when viewing the
document in Chrome or Firefox. Screenshots of both browsers and Adobe
Acrobat displays are attached.

Thanks in advance,

Matt