pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tres Finocchiaro <tres.finocchi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Shell Can't Find pdfbox
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2015 02:32:55 GMT
> [...] it appears to be a different method than what the Apache PDFBox
documentation specifies

Can you please provide a link to the incorrect documentation?

No Java I've used recommends putting JAR files in a UNIX PATH search
location.  The only possible thing I can think of is a wrapper script
someone created as a helper.

When I search the Internet for "pdfbox /usr/local/bin/", the archive of
this email is the only documentation I can find on the matter -- minus a
mention of a /usr/local/bin/pdfbox wrapper script which I can't find the
source for (suspected brew/tap/macport type culprit, but no hits).

When I look through the PDFBOX command line tutorial I can't find mention
of /usr/local/bin either.

Here is a good stackoverflow article discussing where to put JAR files in
general and in which scenarios you should and shouldn't use the classpath
suggestions:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12842063/where-to-install-jar-files-on-os-x-so-other-java-applications-will-find-them