pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Hartmann Toël <Toel.Hartm...@elanders.com>
Subject Re: Replacing a vector image with a bitmap
Date Thu, 12 Nov 2015 08:48:18 GMT
Keeping the quality at zooming is not a requirement: the pdf are to be printed and the bitmap
has sufficient quality for printing.

How is it possible to identify the vector logo and replace it with the bitmap?

I have some example files if you want.

/Toël

On 12 nov 2015, at 09:14, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:

> Am 12.11.2015 um 08:53 schrieb Hartmann Toël:
>> We have (a lot) of customer pdf with som over complicated logotype in vector graphic.
>> This image takes a lot of time and memory to process for the different parser implementations.
(gs, and even professional printing systems)

> replacing that will result in less quality when printing unless the logo
> is really simple, i.e. would look identical at any zooming.
>
> Tilman
>

>> I was hopping to be able to search for the vector logo in the pdf, replace it with
a rendered image and save the document back as a pdf.