pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Get PDFBox working
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 19:15:31 GMT
Am 09.11.2015 um 20:09 schrieb Gordon Schneider:
> I downloaded version 2 RC1 standalone binary to my PC. I eventually got it working on
my PC to extract the text from a PDF document.

> I uploaded this file to our power server running IBM I V7.1. When I try to get the program
running on the server I am getting the following error:

> Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
>
> The command I am running is the following:
>
> JAVA CLASS('pdfbox-app-2.0.0-RC1.jar') PARM(ExtractText '\CUSTOMER\PaymentAdviceNote.pdf'
'\CUSTOMER\PA.txt')

> My best guess is my java class path or some other java environment variable is wrong.
>
> Is Java 6 required for version 2 RC1?

Yes.

Please verify that the file on your IBM system has the same length. And
that the jar file can be extracted (rename it to .zip and then look at
it with whatever is available in that IBM os)

Tilman