pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Gordon Schneider <schneid...@transampiping.com>
Subject RE: Get PDFBox working
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 20:21:44 GMT
Tilman

The files are the same size (7,713 kb). I renamed the file and I can extract the files. I
will keep digging deeper. Part of my problem is that I am not a java programmer. I have used
tools like this before but I had somebody to guide me to get it to work on our server.

Thanks

Gord

-----Original Message-----
From: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Sent: November 9, 2015 12:16 PM
To: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Subject: Re: Get PDFBox working

Am 09.11.2015 um 20:09 schrieb Gordon Schneider:
> I downloaded version 2 RC1 standalone binary to my PC. I eventually got it working on
my PC to extract the text from a PDF document.

> I uploaded this file to our power server running IBM I V7.1. When I try to get the program
running on the server I am getting the following error:

> Exception in thread "main" java.util.zip.ZipException: error in
> opening zip file
>
> The command I am running is the following:
>
> JAVA CLASS('pdfbox-app-2.0.0-RC1.jar') PARM(ExtractText
> '\CUSTOMER\PaymentAdviceNote.pdf' '\CUSTOMER\PA.txt')
>
> My best guess is my java class path or some other java environment variable is wrong.
>
> Is Java 6 required for version 2 RC1?

Yes.

Please verify that the file on your IBM system has the same length. And that the jar file
can be extracted (rename it to .zip and then look at it with whatever is available in that
IBM os)

Tilman