pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Jonathan Levi <drjle...@aol.com>
Subject Re: Shell Can't Find pdfbox
Date Sun, 08 Nov 2015 14:14:18 GMT

The documentation is at https://pdfbox.apache.org/1.8/commandline.html. All I see is the suggested
command line format, i.e., for the Decrypt command:

usage: java -jar pdfbox-app-x.y.z.jar Decrypt [OPTIONS] <inputfile> [outputfile]

 As for theStackoverflow article: I copied the pdfbox JAR into ~/Library/Java/Extensions,
restarted the computer, and verified:

jonathan$ ls ~/Library/Java/Extensions
pdfbox-app-1.8.10.jar

I then attempted to run the pdfbox JAR using the -classpath option:

jonathan$ java -classpath ~/Library/Java/Extensions/pdfbox-app-1.8.10.jar \
> -jar pdfbox-app-1.8.10.jar ExtractText afile.pdf afile.txt; cat afile.txt
Error: Unable to access jarfile pdfbox-app-1.8.10.jar
cat: afile.txt: No such file or directory

Finally, I ran the pdfbox JAR using its full path:

jonathan$ java -jar ~/Library/Java/Extensions/pdfbox-app-1.8.10.jar \
> ExtractText afile.pdf afile.txt; cat afile.txt
(Text)