pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Nick Brockett <NBrock...@datasys.co.uk>
Subject Error encountered : Destination of a GoTo action must be a page dictionary object
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2015 07:36:52 GMT
Hi
Please can someone help explain the above error?
I am using
       <dependency>
              <groupId>org.apache.pdfbox</groupId>
              <artifactId>pdfbox</artifactId>
              <version>1.8.10</version>
       </dependency>
I am creating a report using PDFBox.
My report  is a master-detail style layout.
First few pages present a table of records, followed by a minimum of one single page for each
entry.
So 20 rows in the first page will be followed by at least 20 pages of separate detail pages.
Each record (row) in the master table then needs a hyperlink to GoTo the relevant page.

My design requires that the first column in the master table has its Text value working as
a hyperlink.

My attempts with the following code structure (which for now simply tries to place a rectangle
at the bottom of each page is giving me the error in the title of this email.
Once this is achieved I can then move to place each page Link behind the first cell.
                      //set a pageLink
                  PDAnnotationLink goToLink         = new PDAnnotationLink();
                  PDPageDestination destination = new PDPageFitWidthDestination();
                  PDActionGoTo goToAction           = new PDActionGoTo();
                  destination.setPageNumber(1);
                  goToAction.setDestination(destination);
                  goToLink.setAction(goToAction);
                   PDRectangle pos = new PDRectangle();