pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Adam Retter <adam.ret...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Insert Cover Page (2.0.0)
Date Mon, 12 Oct 2015 22:23:29 GMT
Thanks,

I have implemented it using merge, but unfortunately that almost
doubles my processing time :-(

The steps my app takes:

1. I take a PDF of almost 2000 pages and add a footer to each page.
This takes about 12 seconds.
2. I then create a PDF which has my single cover page.
3. I merge the two PDFs together. This takes an additional 10 seconds.

I guess that if we had the ability to insert a page then it would be
much faster than a merge?

On 12 October 2015 at 21:23, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de> wrote:
> Am 12.10.2015 um 22:03 schrieb Adam Retter:
>>
>> Hey there,
>>
>> I want to add a cover page to a PDF, i.e. add a new *first* page to an
>> existing PDF.
>>
>> I managed this with 1.8.0 by manipulating the page nodes via
>> PDPage#setParent, however I can't figure out how to do this with
>> 2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.
>>
>> Can anyone tell me how to insert a new page at index 0 for an existing
>> PDF?
>> Perhaps subsequently adding an example to
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/pdfbox/trunk/examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/pdmodel/
>> could help others?
>

> You can't... unless you create a new PDDocument with the cover page and then
> run a merge.
>
> Your feature request already has an issue:
>
> Tilman

Adam Retter

skype: adam.retter
tweet: adamretter