pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tolen Miller <tolenmil...@msn.com>
Subject Livecycle PDF - JS support
Date Wed, 28 Oct 2015 03:47:09 GMT
Hello,

I am working on a form produced in Adobe Livecycle, which is being filled
via PDFBox 1.8.10. I am wondering what options I have to show/hide a field
based on it's value (and possibly a list of field names since some fields
should always show).  i.e. there are several fields I would like to hide
(or table rows that contain them), when they are null.

Normally, I could do this in an initialization javascript on the livecycle
form itself (all users use Adobe's Reader), but this does not seem to work
when opening the form after filling it with PDFBox. Is this not supported?
Does editing the form destroy the scripts or is something else happening?

I would either like to persist the scripts that exist on the form so they
may execute; create scripts in java code to add to the form; or create the
functionality in java and omit js entirely.