pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Roberto Nibali <rnib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speedup Font Cache
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 00:30:35 GMT
Hi Tilman

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 7:24 PM, Tilman Hausherr <THausherr@t-online.de>
wrote:

> Am 21.10.2015 um 18:43 schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>>> Could it be that 1) you installed new stuff on your computer, 2) that
>>> MacOS has many of its fonts in .ttc files? In Windows there are only 10.
>>>
>> on my OS X I have 92 ttc files (out of 384) :-)
>>

> Oh. I forgot to mention why I asked that. My last change ignores ttc files
> in the cache, even deletes them, because the cache is one file => one ttf
> font, this resulted in ttf fonts being ignored the second time. So these
> ttc files would be parsed each time.

I reckon you're referring to this part:

[image: Inline image 1]

I have some files ending in .TTC, which would only be omitted with the
following code:

                if (path.toLowerCase().endsWith(".ttc"))

There is another one:

@surimacpro:~/$ ack "path.endsWith"
examples/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/examples/lucene/IndexPDFFiles.java
201:                    if (path.endsWith(".PDF"))

pdfbox/src/main/java/org/apache/pdfbox/pdmodel/font/FileSystemFontProvider.java
269:                if (path.endsWith(".ttc"))

Maybe you can amend those, though this has nothing to do with the issue at
hand.

Cheers
Roberto