pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Roberto Nibali <rnib...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Speedup Font Cache
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 23:15:31 GMT
Hi guys

Well, a quick look revealed the following stats:

$ ttf=0; otf=0; ttc=0; while read line; do shopt -s nocasematch; case
"${line##*.}" in ttf) let ttf+=1;; otf) let otf+=1;; ttc) let ttc+=1;;
esac; done < <(gfind /Library/Fonts /System/Library/Fonts ~/Library/Fonts
-type f \( -iname "*.ttf" -o -iname "*.ttc" -o -iname "*.otf" \)
2>/dev/null -printf "%f\n") && printf "ttf=%s otf=%s ttc=%s\n" "$ttf"
"$otf" "$ttc"

ttf=296 otf=63 ttc=88

So, not that many fonts that ought to be parsed by pdfbox. Since I
currently cannot verify an older version of pdfbox svn, may I ask what
could cause such a change? I have certainly installed new patches and
software to my MacOSX 10.9.

Cheers
Roberto