pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Johannes Barre <johannes.ba...@billfront.com>
Subject Re: Weird issue with fonts in input fields after merging
Date Fri, 09 Oct 2015 16:28:32 GMT
Hello Maruan!

I don't want to push you, but even if you couldn't figure out everything,
also intermediate results or even just ideas could be helpful.

I experimented a bit more and found, that setValue sometimes works with
umlauts and sometimes doesn't when I use setValue instead of my hack. So,
with the BIW_FORM.pdf, they are scrambled, but with the umlauts_ok.pdf,
they are fine. Any idea, why they are scrambled in the BIW_FORM.pdf? Do I
need to convert the character encoding? How do I detect which encoding is
required?

If I could fix this issue, I probably could use setValue. When using
setValue, the values show up in Acrobat Reader even when I merge the
documents :D

Greets, Johannes

On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 4:35 PM, Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > Am 08.10.2015 um 16:31 schrieb Johannes Barre <
> johannes.barre@billfront.com>:
> >
> > Hello!
> >
> > I just tried the 2.0 snapshot from yesterday and get this error:
> >
> > org/apache/pdfbox/pdmodel/font/PDType1CFont.java:283:in `encode':
> > java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: Not implemented: Type1C
>
> there is already a ticket for that.
>
> BR Maruan
>

> > Is that also true for 1.8.10 (just without the error) and could it be
> > related to the problem?
> >
> > Greets, Johannes
> >
> > PS: I've also pushed a Java version of my code to the gist. It's probably
> > as messy as my JRuby version, they're just experiments.
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 8, 2015 at 3:41 PM, Johannes Barre <
> johannes.barre@billfront.com
> >> wrote:
> >
> >> Hello Maruan!
> >>
> >> Thank again. I hope my last answer didn't sounded too aggressive
> (written
> >> communication is difficult). I'm grateful for any help!
> >>
> >> You brought up a good point, as a Linux user I've only checked with
> Google
> >> Chrome & xpdf (and I was referring to the xpdf). In the Acrobat Reader 9
> >> (Linux) and XI (Win XP), the field values are not shown. So I got a new
> >> problem :'(
> >>
> >> Greets, Johannes

> asked

> sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>