pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Johannes Barre <johannes.ba...@billfront.com>
Subject Re: Weird issue with fonts in input fields after merging
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 09:44:36 GMT
Hello Maruan!

Did you (or anyone else) had the chance to look at my issue? I know, it's
all voluntary work you guys do, so I feel bad keeping bugging you with my
issues. But I think, I'm so close to get everything working, so it would be
a shame to throw this away and try something different...

To summarize the it: I have a PDF, which has on each page an input field
named page_num. I want to fill in the page number of the current page. You
suggested:

For that to work each page_num field has to be an individual field as
otherwise they do share the same value. What you could do, if you need to
make the field a set of individual ones is to (roughly)

   - iterate the PDAnnotationWidgets
   - get the COSDictionary
   - create a new PDField with the COSDictionary and the original field as
   parent
   - set an individual field name

My implementation, which generates unstyled input fields, is here
(including PDFs):
https://gist.github.com/iGEL/a8484f0bc44b03fa9de1#file-test-java (as said
before, I haven't found a way to set the field parent with PDFBox 2.0)

I would like to keep the original style (color + font). Maybe I can
decouple the widgets completely (not leave them as children to the original
field?).

Greets, Johannes

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 10:56 AM, Johannes Barre <
johannes.barre@billfront.com> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Sorry for the late reply, I had to do different tasks. But finally I've
> got back to this. The form now looks great, thank you for that!
>
> However, remember the solution for the page numbering you gave me here?
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2980?focusedCommentId=14900931&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14900931
>
> That still works, but the numbers are showing up in black (the font
> doesn't look right as well). I tried to find the issue, but to me it looks
> fine. Maybe I did something wrong? Or maybe the coloring thingy doesn't
> work for child fields?
>
> In 1.8.10, PDField used to have a setParent() method, but it disappeared
> in 2.0.0. I haven't found an alternative, so I don't set the parent. Could
> that cause the problem?
>
> I translated my strategy into (crappy) Java for easier debugging, please
> find it here (together with the source and generated PDF):
> https://gist.github.com/iGEL/a8484f0bc44b03fa9de1#file-test-java
>
> Greets, Johannes
>
> On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 1:34 AM, Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Kevin,
>> > Am 14.10.2015 um 12:05 schrieb Johannes Barre <
>> johannes.barre@billfront.com>:
>> >
>> > Cool, thank you! :)
>> >

>> I've committed support for text color - please give it a try: If there
>> are issues please add your comments to
>>
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-3023
>>
>> BR
>> Maruan
>>
>> > On Wed, Oct 14, 2015 at 12:03 PM, Maruan Sahyoun <
>> sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>

>> filled

Tf

>> the