pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Sriram Varadharajan <varadhuku...@gmail.com>
Subject FDF form Label recognition.
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 10:39:48 GMT
Hello All - We are using PDFBox for our fillable forms(FDF,XFA) processing
. Please see the attached small snippet below from one of those eForms as i
cannot share entire PDF for security reasons.

in our current state to identify the form which is the actually the Label
in the Lower Left hand corner that reads (ACORD 127 (2014/12)) we use
coordinates to grab a region of text and then identify the text. This is
not accurate and is kind of hit and miss .

Trying to see if i can get to the element directly using a PDField or
PDLabel or whatever. I searched through the internal of FDF form using PDF
gears and could not find any trace of the element (ACORD 127 (2014/12)) .

What is the best way to get to these labels (Identifiers) directly without
using coordinates ????? There are not under the lists of PDFields that are
on the form.

I also read  of Stack Overflow about the inability to read labels in FDF
form.

Please share if there are smarter solutions for this problem.

[image: Inline image 1]