pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: Traversing and filling a PDF with 2.0
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2015 08:21:19 GMT
Hi,

> Am 29.10.2015 um 08:15 schrieb Rodney Kite <rkite01@yahoo.com.INVALID>:
>
> Thanks,
> I have it working but have not updated to the preferred way yet.  Now getting the following
warning over and over in my log.  I did not see this in 1.8.

> 03:10:19,441 WARN  [org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font] (default task-35) Using
fallback font ArialMT for HelveticaLTStd-Roman

that's because of the new Font handling where - if the font is not installed or embedded -
we try to find a fallback font. If you believe that the font is embedded in the PDF or locally
available then this might be a bug.

BR
Maruan

PDFBox to open a blank goverment PDF and fill out fields while walking the document like a
DOM tree.

>>> So I have been using PDField.getKids() a lot to traverse the document.
>>
>> you can use
>>
>> for (PDField field : form.getFieldTree())
>> {
>>

>> ... (do something)
>> }
>>
>> BR
>> Maruan
>>

>>> Can this still be done?  Is there an example on how to do it?  I have looked
at the examples with the source but only see getting a field by name and setting it in the
SetField.java example.