pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From John Hewson <j...@jahewson.com>
Subject Re: Traversing and filling a PDF with 2.0
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 20:30:52 GMT
Is it broken with 2.0? You haven’t mentioned anything that’s not working.

The warning is just to let you know that we substituted using a font which
we know isn’t a perfect match but it’s the best we could find.

— John

> On 30 Oct 2015, at 08:05, Rodney Kite <rkite01@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Why did it work with 1.8?   Is there a way to suppress the warning or add the missing
font?

the following warning over and over in my log.  I did not see this in 1.8.

>>> 03:10:19,441 WARN  [org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font] (default task-35)
Using fallback font ArialMT for HelveticaLTStd-Roman

>> that's because of the new Font handling where - if the font is not installed or embedded
- we try to find a fallback font. If you believe that the font is embedded in the PDF or locally
available then this might be a bug.

>> BR
>> Maruan

to use PDAcroForm.getFieldTree().

>>> BR
>>> Maruan

using PDFBox to open a blank goverment PDF and fill out fields while walking the document
like a DOM tree.

looked at the examples with the source but only see getting a field by name and setting it
in the SetField.java example.