pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From titto agustine <titt...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: PDFA/1B minimum requirements to pass validation
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 15:10:33 GMT
Hello Olaf,

Thanks for the quick and detailed response.

About the metadata, I am using the createpdfaidentificationschema() and just setting the type
and part.

Is it mandatory to use document information while using any schema?

I will try download and load the fonts.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 8, 2015, at 5:02 PM, Olaf Drümmer <olaflist@callassoftware.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Augustine,
>
>> 1. Metadata does not conform to XMP
>
> PDF/A-1b does not require the presence of any metadata at all. Nevertheless, if metadata
is present, it must be present as XMP metadata. By implication: if the document Info entry
for example contains the Title or Author fields, these fields must also be reflected in matching
XMP metadata fields, e.g. dc:title (where dc is the recommended prefix for metadata fields
according to the Dublin Core metadata standard). For metadata fields that are expressed using
non-standard metadata schemas (e.g. a company specific metadata schema), an "extension schema
description" must also be embedded in the XMP metadata stream.

> To get started I would try to create a PDF with just one metadata field, and try to get
that right. Depending on where you get stuck, please report back…

>> 2. Font not embedded(and text rendering mode not 3)
>
> using the so called standard 14 fonts (without embedding them) is not an option in PDF/A
- even not for very simple ext centric documents like log files. PDF/A reqires that alll fonts
used are embedded (except for fonts used in invisible text mode / text rendering mode 3).
If font embedding is done right, the fonts do not really need a lot of space.

> Olaf
>

>> On 08.10.2015, at 16:24, titto agustine <titto_f@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello ,
>>
>> I am creating a PDFA/1B document using PDFBOX. But the valiation to PDFA/1B standard
is failing and showing below erro messages in

>> Adobe prob Preflight.
>>
>> 1. Metadata does not conform to XMP
>> 2. Font not embedded(and text rendering mode not 3)
>>

>> I have two questions
>>
>> 1. what is the minimum meta data set requirement for passing the validation.
>> 2. Does the usage of base fonts classify for PDFA/1B standard or we need to embbed
it? (The size goes too big as this is done for archiving a log files)