pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Maruan Sahyoun <sahy...@fileaffairs.de>
Subject Re: FDF form Label recognition.
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 11:10:15 GMT
Hi,

> Am 21.10.2015 um 12:39 schrieb Sriram Varadharajan <varadhukutty@gmail.com>:
>
> Hello All - We are using PDFBox for our fillable forms(FDF,XFA) processing . Please see
the attached small snippet below from one of those eForms as i cannot share entire PDF for
security reasons.

> in our current state to identify the form which is the actually the Label in the Lower
Left hand corner that reads (ACORD 127 (2014/12)) we use coordinates to grab a region of text
and then identify the text. This is not accurate and is kind of hit and miss .

> Trying to see if i can get to the element directly using a PDField or PDLabel or whatever.
I searched through the internal of FDF form using PDF gears and could not find any trace of
the element (ACORD 127 (2014/12)) .

> What is the best way to get to these labels (Identifiers) directly without using coordinates
????? There are not under the lists of PDFields that are on the form.

the labels - although related to the form field for the human eye - are not part of the form
field. They are regular text. What might help to get the region information is to get the
coordinates of the widget associated with the form field as a hint where you have to look
for a label.

BR
Maruan