pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Rodney Kite <rkit...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Traversing and filling a PDF with 2.0
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 15:05:16 GMT
Why did it work with 1.8?   Is there a way to suppress the warning or add the missing font?

      From: John Hewson <john@jahewson.com>
 To: users@pdfbox.apache.org; Rodney Kite <rkite01@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 3:30 AM
 Subject: Re: Traversing and filling a PDF with 2.0

Unless you have HelveticaLTStd-Roman on your system, then it’s just intended behaviour.

> On 29 Oct 2015, at 18:55, Rodney Kite <rkite01@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> I am filling the same PDF I have been using for months with 1.8 so I imagine this is
a bug.

following warning over and over in my log.  I did not see this in 1.8.

>> 03:10:19,441 WARN  [org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font] (default task-35)
Using fallback font ArialMT for HelveticaLTStd-Roman

> that's because of the new Font handling where - if the font is not installed or embedded
- we try to find a fallback font. If you believe that the font is embedded in the PDF or locally
available then this might be a bug.

> BR
> Maruan

PDAcroForm.getFieldTree().

>> BR
>> Maruan
>>

>>> List<PDField> kids = ((PDNonTerminalField)pdField).getChildren();

using PDFBox to open a blank goverment PDF and fill out fields while walking the document
like a DOM tree.

>>> you can use
>>>
>>> for (PDField field : form.getFieldTree())
>>> {
>>>

>>> ... (do something)
>>> }
>>>
>>> BR
>>> Maruan

at the examples with the source but only see getting a field by name and setting it in the
SetField.java example.