pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDF/A marked as invalid (pdfbox 2.0.0-RC1)
Date Thu, 22 Oct 2015 16:01:43 GMT
Am 22.10.2015 um 08:21 schrieb Mario Alten:

> Thanks, this online validator shows the same problem.
>
> So you do not consider this as a (newly introduced) bug, but rather a
> fix or improvement compared to the old version, right?
>
> When I look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2403and
> the comment (written at 31/Oct/14 19:15) which says
>
> "Please open a new issue if the current problem "Invalid Color space,
> The operator "RG" can't be used with CMYK Profile",
>
> I am wondering if this new jira entry exists!?

I have no idea why I wrote that, and don't know of an issue. Maybe that
was related to two messages by Ralf that he deleted?

Upload the document somewhere or send it to me, tilman at snafu dot de.

And yes, I consider the behaviour an improvement. Note that the two
messages are related:

2.1.2 : Invalid graphics object, /N entry of ICC profile is 4 but the
ICC profile has 3 components
2.4.1 : Invalid Color space, The operator "RG" can't be used with CMYK
Profile

The first message is self-explanatory. The second means that the
operator "RG" is in the content stream, but that currently a CMYK
stroking colorspace is selected (see in the OutputIntent dictionary at
the document level).

Tilman