pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: PDFA/1B minimum requirements to pass validation
Date Thu, 08 Oct 2015 15:15:51 GMT
Am 08.10.2015 um 17:10 schrieb titto agustine:
> Hello Olaf,
>
> Thanks for the quick and detailed response.
>
> About the metadata, I am using the createpdfaidentificationschema() and just setting
the type and part.

Their content must also be identical to what you wrote in /Info. You
could also try the 2.0 version
https://repository.apache.org/content/groups/snapshots/org/apache/pdfbox/preflight-app/2.0.0-SNAPSHOT/
some of the error messages have been improved. The best would be you
post them here.

But don't trust us, get a second opinion with this tool:
http://www.pdf-tools.com/pdf/validate-pdfa-online.aspx

Tilman

> Is it mandatory to use document information while using any schema?
>
> I will try download and load the fonts.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Oct 8, 2015, at 5:02 PM, Olaf Drümmer <olaflist@callassoftware.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Augustine,
>>
>>> 1. Metadata does not conform to XMP
>> PDF/A-1b does not require the presence of any metadata at all. Nevertheless, if metadata
is present, it must be present as XMP metadata. By implication: if the document Info entry
for example contains the Title or Author fields, these fields must also be reflected in matching
XMP metadata fields, e.g. dc:title (where dc is the recommended prefix for metadata fields
according to the Dublin Core metadata standard). For metadata fields that are expressed using
non-standard metadata schemas (e.g. a company specific metadata schema), an "extension schema
description" must also be embedded in the XMP metadata stream.

>> To get started I would try to create a PDF with just one metadata field, and try
to get that right. Depending on where you get stuck, please report back…

>>> 2. Font not embedded(and text rendering mode not 3)
>> using the so called standard 14 fonts (without embedding them) is not an option in
PDF/A - even not for very simple ext centric documents like log files. PDF/A reqires that
alll fonts used are embedded (except for fonts used in invisible text mode / text rendering
mode 3). If font embedding is done right, the fonts do not really need a lot of space.

>> Olaf
>>

>>> On 08.10.2015, at 16:24, titto agustine <titto_f@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello ,
>>>
>>> I am creating a PDFA/1B document using PDFBOX. But the valiation to PDFA/1B standard
is failing and showing below erro messages in

>>> Adobe prob Preflight.
>>>
>>> 1. Metadata does not conform to XMP
>>> 2. Font not embedded(and text rendering mode not 3)
>>>

>>> I have two questions
>>>
>>> 1. what is the minimum meta data set requirement for passing the validation.
>>> 2. Does the usage of base fonts classify for PDFA/1B standard or we need to embbed
it? (The size goes too big as this is done for archiving a log files)