pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Tilman Hausherr <THaush...@t-online.de>
Subject Re: Subclassing BaseParser?
Date Sun, 04 Oct 2015 12:34:27 GMT
Am 03.10.2015 um 21:13 schrieb Allison, Timothy B.:
> All,
>
>    I'm probably suffering from the same failure that led to (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-1678?focusedCommentId=14640370&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-14640370),
but is it possible to subclass BaseParser outside of the oap.pdfparser package?

>    The actual subclassing of BaseParser is no problem, but what can I substitute for
SequentialSource, given that it and RandomAccessSource are package-private?

But later in that issue, you wrote that "all is well", so I didn't
bother. But it is true that currently, BaseParser can only be extended
within its package, due to RandomAccessSource and SequentialSource.
There's even a netbeans warning because of that.