pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Mario Alten <mario.al...@assentis.com>
Subject AW: PDF/A marked as invalid (pdfbox 2.0.0-RC1)
Date Fri, 23 Oct 2015 08:05:58 GMT
Thanks Tilman.
This is very interesting, I will forward the information to our developers.

Regards,
Mario
Von: Tilman Hausherr [mailto:THausherr@t-online.de]
Gesendet: Freitag, 23. Oktober 2015 09:36
An: users@pdfbox.apache.org
Betreff: Re: PDF/A marked as invalid (pdfbox 2.0.0-RC1)

Am 22.10.2015 um 18:01 schrieb Tilman Hausherr:
Am 22.10.2015 um 08:21 schrieb Mario Alten:

Thanks, this online validator shows the same problem.

So you do not consider this as a (newly introduced) bug, but rather a fix or improvement compared
to the old version, right?

When I look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PDFBOX-2403and the comment (written at
31/Oct/14 19:15) which says

"Please open a new issue if the current problem "Invalid Color space, The operator "RG" can't
be used with CMYK Profile",

I am wondering if this new jira entry exists!?

I have no idea why I wrote that, and don't know of an issue. Maybe that was related to two
messages by Ralf that he deleted?

Upload the document somewhere or send it to me, tilman at snafu dot de.

And yes, I consider the behaviour an improvement. Note that the two messages are related:

2.1.2 : Invalid graphics object, /N entry of ICC profile is 4 but the ICC profile has 3 components
2.4.1 : Invalid Color space, The operator "RG" can't be used with CMYK Profile

The first message is self-explanatory. The second means that the operator "RG" is in the content
stream, but that currently a CMYK stroking colorspace is selected (see in the OutputIntent
dictionary at the document level).

Thanks for the file. It is really like I wrote. Your content stream has this at Root/Pages/Kids/[0]/Contents/[1]
 :

0 Tw
0 Tc
0 0 0 rg
0 0 0 RG

Your output profile at   Root/OutputIntents/[0]/DestOutputProfile/N  has a value of 4. "rg"
and "RG" are rgb commands. N=4 means 4 colors, typically CMYK.  (However the profile itself
is RGB. Change the N to 3 and it works fine with us and with PDF Tools)

Re OutputIntents : "(Optional; PDF 1.4) An array of output intent dictionaries that shall
specify the colour characteristics of output devices on which the document might be rendered
(see 14.11.5, "Output Intents")."

and

"Output intents (PDF 1.4) provide a means for matching the colour characteristics of a PDF
document with those of a target output device or production environment in which the document
will be printed. The optional OutputIntents entry in the document catalogue (see 7.7.2, “Document
Catalog”) holds an array of output intent dictionaries, each describing the colour reproduction
characteristics of a possible output device or production condition. The contents of these
dictionaries may vary for different devices and conditions"

[cid:image001.png@01D10D7A.69261650]

It is of course surprising that Adobe would claim the file is OK. Their PDF/A check is by
Callas, and they're among the best in the PDF/A business. Maybe they ignore the "N" value?

Tilman

Tilman

Regards