pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Rodney Kite <rkit...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Traversing and filling a PDF with 2.0
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 21:47:40 GMT
It prints the same warning in the log over 359 times for one PDF dominating the log file.
I do not think 1.8 printed anything to the log.  It is logging the same warning too many
times.  Once per PDF is enough.

I was able to suppress it by changing the log level to ERROR instead of WARNING.  So I do
have a work around.

            <logger category="org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font">
                <level name="ERROR"/>
            </logger>

      From: John Hewson <john@jahewson.com>
 To: users@pdfbox.apache.org; Rodney Kite <rkite01@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 4:30 PM
 Subject: Re: Traversing and filling a PDF with 2.0

Is it broken with 2.0? You haven’t mentioned anything that’s not working.

The warning is just to let you know that we substituted using a font which
we know isn’t a perfect match but it’s the best we could find.

— John

> On 30 Oct 2015, at 08:05, Rodney Kite <rkite01@yahoo.com.INVALID> wrote:
>
> Why did it work with 1.8?  Is there a way to suppress the warning or add the missing
font?

the following warning over and over in my log.  I did not see this in 1.8.

>>> 03:10:19,441 WARN  [org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font] (default task-35)
Using fallback font ArialMT for HelveticaLTStd-Roman

>> that's because of the new Font handling where - if the font is not installed or embedded
- we try to find a fallback font. If you believe that the font is embedded in the PDF or locally
available then this might be a bug.

>> BR
>> Maruan

to use PDAcroForm.getFieldTree().

>>> BR
>>> Maruan

using PDFBox to open a blank goverment PDF and fill out fields while walking the document
like a DOM tree.

looked at the examples with the source but only see getting a field by name and setting it
in the SetField.java example.