pdfbox-users mailing list archives

From Rodney Kite <rkit...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Re: Traversing and filling a PDF with 2.0
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2015 01:55:29 GMT
I am filling the same PDF I have been using for months with 1.8 so I imagine this is a bug.

      From: Maruan Sahyoun <sahyoun@fileaffairs.de>
 To: users@pdfbox.apache.org; Rodney Kite <rkite01@yahoo.com>
 Sent: Thursday, October 29, 2015 4:21 AM
 Subject: Re: Traversing and filling a PDF with 2.0

Hi,

> Am 29.10.2015 um 08:15 schrieb Rodney Kite <rkite01@yahoo.com.INVALID>:
>
> Thanks,
> I have it working but have not updated to the preferred way yet.  Now getting the following
warning over and over in my log.  I did not see this in 1.8.

> 03:10:19,441 WARN  [org.apache.pdfbox.pdmodel.font.PDType1Font] (default task-35) Using
fallback font ArialMT for HelveticaLTStd-Roman

that's because of the new Font handling where - if the font is not installed or embedded -
we try to find a fallback font. If you believe that the font is embedded in the PDF or locally
available then this might be a bug.

BR
Maruan

PDFBox to open a blank goverment PDF and fill out fields while walking the document like a
DOM tree.

>>> So I have been using PDField.getKids() a lot to traverse the document.
>>
>> you can use
>>
>> for (PDField field : form.getFieldTree())
>> {
>>

>> ... (do something)
>> }
>>
>> BR
>> Maruan
>>

>>> Can this still be done?  Is there an example on how to do it?  I have looked
at the examples with the source but only see getting a field by name and setting it in the
SetField.java example.